About Aerospace Fabrication & Materials, LLC
Our mission at Aerospace Fabrication is to provide products of superior quality, thereby enabling our customers to achieve thermal control goals in aerospace and earthly applications.
Our staff, with an average 20 years experience in the aerospace industry, includes individuals with backgrounds in multilayer insulation (MLI) blanket fabrication, micro meteoroid orbital debris (MMOD) shield fabrication, inflatable structure fabrication, thin film metalization, adhesive formulation, roll-to-roll laminating, material sealing, quality systems implementation, and contract/project management. Our staff has extensive experience manufacturing items for commercial, government, and military applications.
Aerospace Fabrication is dedicated to the advancement of passive thermal technology. This dedication to manufacturing products that perform in the harshest of climates drives us to engineer for the extreme.
Facility & Equipment
Located in Farmington, Minnesota, a suburb of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area, our facility includes:
- Two Class 100,000 clean rooms totaling 2,400 square feet
- Both rooms may be operated at Class 10,000
- 2,300 square feet of Class 300,000 or better manufacturing area
- Over 6,000 square feet of manufacturing space within the remaining 20,000 square foot facility
- Vacuum bake-out capacity for material outgassing
- Multiple manufacturing work stations
- Industrial sewing equipment
- Industrial ovens for curing and material bake-out
- Tape combining equipment
- Machine shop support
- CAD Workstations
- Full size template generation capability
Aerospace Fabrication's quality system was designed to exceed the rigid requirements of ISO9000. The company is currently ISO9001: 2000 and AS9100A: 2001 certified under certificate #C2003-025481.
Aerospace Fabrication's quality mission:
A - Always improving
F - Fantastic quality
M - More than satisfied customers